Sunday, March 22, 2009

Love at first spit wad

"Miss You"
Blink182

[Brad's part]
Hello there,
the angel from my nightmare
the shadow in the background of the morgue
the unsuspecting victim
like darkness in the valley
we can live like Jack and Sally
if you want
Where you can always find me
and we'll have Halloween on Christmas
and in the night we'll wish this never ends
we'll wish this never ends

I miss you, miss you

[My part]
Where are you?
and I'm so sorry
I cannot sleep, I cannot dream tonight
I need somebody and always
this sick, strange darkness
comes creeping on so haunting every time
and as I stared I counted, the webs from all the spiders
catching things and eating their insides
like indecision to call you and hear your voice of treason
Will you come home and stop this pain tonight?
stop this pain tonight..
[Together]
Don't waste your time on me
you're already the voice inside my head
I miss you, miss you

So, this is NOT a very pretty song if you read some of the words, but it became our song in 2004 when we started dating. We use to sing it on the phone to each other all the time and we still sing it sometimes. Today is our 5 year anniversary. Brad had to work all weekend though, so we are going out this Friday.

We became friends in 6th grade, but we never liked each other before then. I thought he was just a stupid attention seeking boy and he thought that I believed I was above him because there was a school named after me. (my great grandpa) haha. He was constantly getting into trouble by Ms. Mikus and a lot of the time it was because of things he was doing to me. For example, he would 'gleek' on me with his spit, spit spit wads in my hair, make a 'snow storm' by rubbing his hair really fast making his hair gel just flake all over my desk, one time he even pushed me into Ms. Mikus when I was talking to her..."Brad, out in the hall!" We'd play basketball at recess together all the time, when he didn't have a noon room. Sometimes I would take 'voluntary noon rooms' to hang out with him in the library. My mom would record our school programs and sure enough you'll see Brad behind me messing up my hair for every hand gesture we had to do. with a big grin on his face. I'm sorry, but I have to bust out bits and pieces from the old diary a bit for this blog because it's all Brad and the beginning of our friendship. Apparently I knew everything at 12 and 13..

February 11, 2002
My boyfriend is Brad Young since January 18, Fri. at 1:18 in the hallway going to the 5th grade spelling bee. He is the best boyfriend anyone could ever want in my opinion. Brad carries my lunch tray, brings me my coat, lets me play basketball with him, gives me his booster tickets. I always tell him "I will still like you if you don't do these things for me" but he says he likes to for some reason. When I try to take his tray or give him booster tickets he will say "that's not lady like." My friends keep telling me to brake up with him just because he is a class clown.
February 19, 2002
Yesterday was Brad and mine 1 month Anaversery. My friends are mad at me because I play basketball with Brad instead of playing with them, but I don't care. He is so sweet. I would rather have Brad a nice funny, caring, cute boy than any popular boy. That's how much I love him.
March 3, 2002
I keep thinking about telling Brad I <3 style="font-weight: bold;">March ?, 2002
Bad news is I had to brake up with Brad, that was hard. But I'm glad I did once Zach Efaw told me Brad was going to stay with me till Easter to get his gift. Bad excuse, he told me only to get him a card and he'd get me one. I don't think he would wait for a card. He likes Jessica Hoover. He hurt me, but I'll live. I will admit I am jealous of Jessica. He started out as a great boyfriend, but ended up being a jerk! He's telling everyone he broke up with me. Lie, Lie, Lie, use, use, use, he's no good and I thought he was sweet. I think I still have feelings for him, just a little. Today he forgot and walked towards me and turned back around. Now we don't even talk to eachother at all. I want to be friends atleast. Everything I look at at school reminds me of him and even when I got home and saw Zelda, our favorite video game. I cried. Bye Brad the best boyfriend I'll ever have with the saddest ending. (Wow, I'm dramatic)
July 20, 2002
Today I might play b-ball with Brad. He's moving to Cleveland with his dad to have a fresh start. I will tell him good luck and what a good friend he's been to me. I'll miss him. 7th grade won't be the same without him.
August 9, 2002
I played b-ball with Brad, it was fun. He let me win twice. Afterwards I wanted to buy him something at the dairy, but he said no. Then he walked me to the Lunts. I tolled him he didn't have to but who can tell Brad not to do something. I like him again even though I tried not too. It's imposible not to though. I had a dream that I kissed him. If I were older I would, but I'm only 12. I called him yesterday and we talked for 3 hours. He likes me! I know I'm only 12, but I know what love is and when I heard he liked me my like turned into love. (...pahahaha)
10-11-03
I was talking to Brad on aol and I told him I thought he had 3 personalities. He said I was right and asked what they were. I told him you have the one at your dads which is all an act, the one here which is conseded, and I think the third one is the real you. Nice, caring, funny, outgoing, listens, and gives good advice. Then he said yeah but I'm not like that much. Have you ever seen me like that? I told him once or twice but I liked that side of him. He asked me if he should start being himself. I told him it was up to him, but I like that side and if thats who he was be it. He said thanks for the advice :) We have alot of respect for eachother nowdays. Its cool.

Oh my..my entire diary is full of Brad stories. It goes on and on back and forth between "I love Brad" "Once again he proved to be a jerk!" "He's a great friend"

He's been my friend since we were 12 years old and now he's my best friend. We've been through so much together. Something I've learned is that relationships are really hard sometimes and things happen that cause a lot of heartache. We have a lot of respect for eachother and that's how it always should be. He's grown up a lot in these 5 years and so have I, but there is always room for improvement. That 12 year old ornery boy that carried my tray, now opens the car door for me. I could talk forever about memories and stories, but I think I've already said too much. haha.

Bottom line-Every girl deserves a gentleman.

2 comments:

  1. haha..i know how old diaries go..mine is filled with sam and matt. and i dare say i may have been even more dramatic than you. lol.

    also..that's an interesting song to have as "your" song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the cutest post i have ever read ha.

    ReplyDelete