Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's Day

I had a great weekend! Bradly came over to pick me up so we could go see a movie before we headed to Columbus to meet Seth and Teresa for a late supper. We exchanged gifts before we left. He got me some beautiful roses and a Build-a-Bear that he spent all night creating in Columbus on Friday. It's adorable and the best part is that when you squeeze his foot he says "I love you Brittany" in Brad's voice. I got him some of his favorite cologne (Curve) Reese's heart-shaped cups, and a card I made for him. My dad stood there and watched us unwrap our gifts which was awkward...Mom gave me a Valentine's Day card too, which was very sweet.

Then we head to Wooster to see He's Just Not That Into You. There were several obstacles in our way of getting there and needless to say we got there late BECAUSE:
  1. Brad didn't take my way (which is the faster way)
  2. After going "his way" it took him a while to realize where we were
  3. Once we did realize where we were there was a detour
  4. When we found a new way to go around it a bus stopped in the intersection and we couldn't turn. Meanwhile the person the bus is waiting on is skipping along the side walk taking their jolly old time...Brad's laughing, I'm laughing in disbelief and frustration.
  5. When we get to the theater there was NO WHERE to park. We parked next door and fast walked our butts over there.
It's now 5:03 and our movie started at 4:50. We missed all the previews and sit down right as its starting. We were pretty pleased with ourselves. The movie really bugged me in some parts, but in the end I cried happy "awww" tears and even Brad was smiling ear to ear. It was cute. You'll have to see it. (I gave it a 7.5 out of 10)

After the movie we headed for Columbus. Seth met us at Auto Zone so we could follow him to Teresa's apartment. We hopped in his car and went to the mall to pick up Teresa from work. We had some time to kill before our 9:30 reservations at Buca di (Peppi?) I don't know how to say it or spell it! It's an Italian restaurant and I now wish it was in my back yard. Delicious! It's a really unique place and everyone was very nice. We got fettucine alfredo supreme and stuffed shells. The serving sizes are HUGE so we all shared. On top of the food being great, our waitor reminded Teresa and I of Charlie from Lost! We left him a good tip.

We hung out at Teresa's for a while and ate valentine cookies and played with her adorable dog, Dakota. We left around 11:15 so that it wasn't too late when we were heading home. I think I talked Brad's ear off to and from Columbus, but he never seems to mind. I kid you not...I told him about every scene and the entire history background behind the movie The Duchess. (Which I gave 9 out of 10) Poor fella.

When we got to my house he walked me to the door like the perfect gentleman that he is. He's always opening my car door and making me feel special. Almost everyday is like Valentine's Day and that's how it should be for everyone. He spoiled me way too much this Valentine's Day, but we all had a great time. I love my Valentine =)

Finito!
Arrivederci everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment