Thursday, February 19, 2009

"Good" morning

I couldn't fall asleep until 2am. Maybe it was because of lingering thoughts about the Lost episode or maybe it was just other things that my mind wouldn't shut off. That happens a lot when I'm laying in bed at night. It's annoying. I REALLY want to fall asleep because when my alarm goes off in the morning I know that all I'm going to be thinking is 'more sleep pleeeease.' I did have some dreams I remember though! Those are sometimes fun. Just as soon as I finally shut my eyes it seemed like it was time to get up...and I'm not the type of person that hits the snooze button or lets their 5 different alarms go off. I wake up to the 'click' sound my alarm makes then I go-go-gadget my arm in lightening speed to turn it off before the horrid nose begins.

Afternoon Kindergarten was such a breeze. Then I hit 1st-7th grade. You did not want to be anywhere near me in the morning. I was quite the brat and I'm not proud of that. I still get teased to this day from all of my brothers and my parents who had to put up with screaming and unpleasant glances as I ate breakfast and tried to get my bangs to stay down. For this, I would like to appologize.

In 8th grade all of my brothers had already graduated and moved out. Things calmed down a bit. There was no Cody to yell at for no apparent reason other than the fact that he breathed.

Don't get me wrong though, I do have some pleasant memories of school mornings. During some of the last days of Cody's senior year I made him cinnamon rolls for breakfast. He always used to help me tie my boots just right. On cold mornings we would stand on the fire place ledge and warm our clothes up before getting on bus 6. Cody usually woke me up for school and sometimes he'd be jumping on my bed saying "no school!" Snowday mornings were always the best. I remember Jason always asking me if he should wear his tennis shoes with his jeans or his AE boots. As if I was some sort of fashion expert. haha. He always looked very well put together when he left. I remeber everyone waking up to Josh's alarm except for Josh. He'd take a shower and then we'd hear BAM! "Josh fell asleep again!" Brandon was always ready with time to spare to watch all of his morning cartoons. The one I remember most is Transformers.

Wow! I just went way off track.

Anyway, back to this morning when my alarm went off- I got a "quick" shower. Quick always turns into 15 minutes of standing in the hot water, with my shower cap on, singing random bits and pieces of songs. Then I got out and went downstairs to go through my other morning routines. Usually I eat breakfast first. Breakfast is seriously the best part of my morning. I LOVE breakfast. That didn't particularly happen this morning because I live in the country and during the winter time...we get mice! There was a dead mouse on the kitchen floor. I lost my appetite and didn't want to eat breakfast in its company.

I plugged in the Chi and started putting on what little amount of make-up I do wear. The mascara brush slipped out of my hand, onto my shirt, and then into the waste basket. SWEET! Atleast the shirt I'm wearing today is navy blue.

I don't know where the time goes in the mornings. I feel like I'm moving at a good pase, but the minute hand is much faster. I really like being on time for things, but in all actuality it doesn't happen. I'm either pulling into the parking lot/drive way on the button or minutes late. It was snowing this morning (grumble) and mom said it would be a good idea to leave early, problem was at that point to be on time I needed to have left 3 minutes earlier. Blah. I have a better attitute in the morning now, but it's I'm also very quite. The best I usually give is a "goodmorning" and then "goodbye, love you too, see you later."

I head to town knowing Brad is still asleep because I've called him several times. We are always schedualed together for the orthodontist. It's 9:05 when I get to his house, but wait, maintenance is being done up and down the avenue. I get around them slowly just to see that they have their vehicles parked at the entrance of Brad's driveway! I can't wake him up and he's not going to wake up on his own. His mom forgot to wake him up before she left. (he's the type of person who doesn't wake up to an alarm AT ALL) I called one more time and then just went by myself arriving at 9:10. TEN MINUTES LATE! The secretary is so sweet and loves Brad and I so it was okay.

Dr. Gregg and his crew of ladies are always friendly. They compliment me on my clean teeth and how great my top teeth are looking without braces. (Of course they are talking to me and asking questions with their fingers in my mouth) My bottom braces aren't coming off until a tooth finishes turning completely around. I never even noticed it was backwards...who cares.

Brad and I were suppose to hang out after our appointment, but that didn't work out as planned. It's okay though because we'll see each other later today. I'm supposed to go to main campus tonight for a comp&lit writing lab. I think I'll pass on that. I have a 100% anyway. (English is the only class I can get an A in)

Bottom line-I just think that if I would have eaten breakfast, the morning would have ran SO much more smoothly. That's all.

Did I mention I have cramps?

Time to enjoy the rest of today and I hope you enjoy it too!

1 comment:

  1. OMG.. I laughed so hard at that "gogo gadget" thing! ahahhaahha

    ReplyDelete